Jaka Strajnar (1978) studied percussion at the Academy of Music in Ljubljana (Slovenia) and jazz drums at the Carinthian State Conservatorium in Klagenfurt (Austria).
He has participated in many workshops held by European and world-renowned percussionists (Matthias Phillipzen, Michel Widmer, Martin Drew, Clemens Marktl, Boško Petrović …).
He has his own percussion school in Škofja Loka (Slovenia). Jaka Strajnar is a Schlagwerk endorser and leads cajon, boomwhackers and body-percussion workshops for all ages and levels. He also offers workshops that focus on teambuilding.
He has published numerous of educational books and scores focused on cajon, boomwhackers and drums.
Jaka also performs in bands where he successfully presents cajon and other percussion instruments.
- Svet bobnov, The Drum World (2012)
- Cajon – slovenska šola cajona (2013, 2. edition 2014, 3. edition 2015, reprint 2016)
- Cajon Method (2015)
- Boomwhackers – zabavne glasbene cevi (2015, additional run 2015, reprint 2016)
- The Cajon World (2014, 2. edition 2014, 3. edition 2017, reprint 2018)
- Cajon – die moderne Cajonschule (2017)
- Boomwhackers – coole Musikrohre (2016, 2. edition 2018)
- Svet ritmov (2016, edition 2017)
- The Cajon World E-book (2019)
- Cajon Method E-book (2020)
- Fantastični orkester (2021)